A leaking roof spells "T-R-O-U-B-L-E" for any home or business owner.
Providing a reliable, protective roof over your head is what we do best, and, quite frankly, what we do most often.
While Tri-State Contracting, LLC doesn't recommend waiting until a leak occurs before you replace your current roofing system, there are some warning signs that you can heed to help you stop trouble before it happens.
THE 7 WARNING SIGNS THAT YOUR ROOF NEEDS REPLACING
- Look for spotting ("dark spots") on your roof. Spotting indicates a loss of shingle granules due to the weathering and, consequently, premature aging of your roof. Fungus, algae growth, and vegetation may also cause dark spots and be an indication your roof needs replacing.
- Look for missing, cracked or curled shingles. Hail and windstorms can cause missing shingles, but cracked or curled shingles most often indicate that the life-span of your roof is ending.
- Look for leakage in the attic, especially after a "hard" rain. This kind of leakage can be caused leaking or inadequate shingle underlayment or deteriorated or separated roof flashing.
- Look for roof shingle, sheathing or siding decay. Often caused by poor attic ventilation, this also provides a strong indication that your roof needs replacing.
- Look for blistering or peeling of the exterior paint. Excessive moisture or high humidity due to inadequate attic ventilation often causes this condition.
- Look for stains on interior ceilings and walls. Due to the climate in the Northeast, this can be caused by inadequate or faulty shingle underlayment, which allows leakage from ice dams that thaw out during warm periods.
- Look for trends in your energy bills. Soaring energy costs may indicate insufficient attic ventilation, which in turn causes your heating and/or cooling system to run excessively.
For a free home or business estimate on a new roofing system, contact us at 860-432-4632 or email us, and we'll provide you with a full assessment of your roof, along with a solution that will leave you high and dry out of the rain.
Tri-State Contracting, LLC. Building on your investment for today, tomorrow, and the future.®
Centrally located in Manchester, Connecticut.